- Fifty million adults are affected by tinnitus.
- 1% of adults have tinnitus severe enough to cause disturbance in their daily life.
- Men experience tinnitus more often than women.
- There are two types of tinnitus: subjective, in which only the person experiencing it can hear the sounds, and objective, in which the person experiencing it as well as others can hear the sound.
- Tinnitus is not a condition or illness, it’s a symptom that usually points to a larger hearing issue.
- 90% of people with tinnitus have some level of noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL).
- Hearing aids can often provide relief from the internal sensation of tinnitus.
If you think you suffer from tinnitus, schedule an appointment at your nearest Miracle-Ear location today!