Miracle-Ear® is committed to helping underserved people with hearing loss and giving them the gift of sound. Our eligibility requirements are designed to reach those who need our help most. In order to qualify for our program:
- Applicants must have a hearing loss that requires amplification (hearing aids), children who have a mild or greater hearing loss, adults who have a moderate or greater hearing loss.
- Applicants are seeking help from the Miracle-Ear Foundation™ as there are no other resources available including but not limited to: insurance, state Medicaid program, VA or vocational rehab, state or local programs, and other charity sources.
- Applicants must complete an application form and provide a current audiogram. Children 18 years and younger must have medical clearance dated within the last 6 months signed by a physician (MD, ENT). While medical clearance is encouraged for adults, a signed medical waiver is acceptable.
- Applicants must have an income level which does not allow the family to receive public support – see specific income eligibility requirements. Total household income must be at or below the chart provided to qualify and demonstrate personal inability to financially provide for hearing health.
- Applicants must possess a family commitment to intervention, rehabilitation, and necessary follow-up services, which is especially important for a child applicant as they grow.
- Applicant must be a resident or citizen of the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
If you fit within the eligibility requirements and have carefully reviewed the criteria for income, assets and hearing loss, you may be eligible for services from the Miracle-Ear Foundation. Applicants must contact their local Miracle-Ear store to submit the application, supporting documents and application fee ($150 adults only). The Miracle-Ear store will make their referral and forward your application to the Miracle-Ear Foundation for approval. You will receive notification by mail within 3 weeks if your application has been approved or denied services.
If you have any questions or concerns about eligibility, please contact your local Miracle-Ear center.
Give the Gift of Sound
Today, more than 7 million Americans who need hearing aids cannot afford them.
Help others hear by making a donation to the Miracle-Ear Foundation® today. Every dollar counts. And every dollar we receive supports our program to provide hearing aids for people in your community who have no resources for their hearing health.