How to Make Your Batteries Last!
After purchasing your hearing aid, having it adjusted, and finally getting used to it- the last thing you want to do is have to come back to the clinic to replace your batteries. To make the most of your batteries follow these simple tips and tricks!
First, it helps to understand the factors that can reduce battery life. These include high or low humidity, extreme temperatures, and high altitude.
Other ways to extend your battery life:
- Turn off advanced features like audio streaming when not in use, as these functions drain batter life fast.
- Purchase batteries that are as fresh as possible. Look for expiration dates.
- Open the battery door when the hearing aids are not in use. Besides minimizing battery drain, this allows moisture to escape.
- Do not remove the sticky tabs from the batteries until you’re ready to use them.
- After inserting new batteries, let the hearing aids sit for at least two minutes before putting them in your ears.
- Store the batteries at room temperature — do not refrigerate!
- Use a hearing aid dehumidifier; this protects both the hearing aids and its batteries.
- Periodically clean the battery contacts inside the hearing aids, using a cotton swab.
Another option is to switch to rechargeable hearing aids and never have to worry about batteries again! The convenient, eco-friendly, and easy to use technology is readily available at a clinic near you.