Scope of Application
Miracle-Ear Canada takes reasonable steps to secure your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Please be aware, however, that the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our measures to protect it or use your data for improper use.
Information That We Collect
When you choose to download resources and materials from our website(s) and/or mobile applications, we will obtain your first name, last name, email address, and postal code.
When you complete our online hearing test, we will obtain from you the information that you provide to us as part of the test (e.g. your responses to the questions we ask to evaluate your hearing).
If you choose to find a Miracle-Ear location close to you, we will obtain your location, either by using geolocation (if you choose this option) or by obtaining your city or postal code. If you choose to request an appointment at a location near you, we will request your first name, last name, phone number, email address and any comments/notes you wish to provide to us.
Unless you have provided it to us voluntarily, Miracle-Ear Canada will not collect personally identifiable information about you through our website(s) and/or mobile application(s).
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect technical information that is not personally identifiable when you connect to our website(s) and/or mobile application(s). Examples of this type of information include (but are not limited to) the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer and/or mobile operating system you are using, and the domain name of the website(s) from which you linked to our website.
How We Use Your Information
We collect your personal information to:
- provide you with access to certain resources and materials available on our website(s) and/or mobile applications
- conduct an online hearing test and provide you with the results
- disclose your information with the Miracle-Ear Canada location close to you so that our staff can contact you to schedule an appointment
- follow-up with you in response to your request for information, promotions, or fulfillment
- improve our products and customer service
- produce aggregated, non-personally identifiable data for our business use and to share with our business partners
- where permitted by applicable laws (including anti-spam laws), to inform you, either directly or through a third party, of special offers and discounts from us and/or our affiliated brands. You can choose to opt out of such communications by contacting us as described below, in “Your Choices”.
Transfer/Disclosure of Your Information
We may transfer and/or disclose your personal information to our service providers (e.g. IT service providers, marketing companies). Our service providers may be located outside of the territory of Canada, and while in a foreign jurisdiction, your information may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities within that jurisdiction. Our service providers are contractually obligated to use such information solely to provide services to us for the purposes that we have collected your personal information, and to protect your personal information with the same level of protection we are obligated to provide.
Your personal information may be shared with our affiliated companies, including our parent company Amplifon (USA), Inc. or affiliates including Miracle-Ear, Inc. in the United States, or Amplifon (USA), Inc.’s parent company, Amplifon S.p.A. in Italy. Your personal information will be stored on servers located in the United States and Italy, and may be stored in other jurisdictions, and may be accessible to law enforcement and other authorities within those jurisdiction.
Unless you opt out of such sharing as provided below in “Your Choice”, we may share your contact information with our business partners so that they can contact you, as permitted by applicable laws, to inform you of their promotions and offerings.
We may disclose user information in special cases when, in good faith, we believe that disclosing this information to law enforcement agencies and other entities is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Miracle-Ear Canada’s rights or property, other users of the Miracle-Ear Canada website(s) and/or mobile application(s), or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We may also disclose your personal information where such disclosure is permitted or required by applicable law. If our company is acquired or transfers the majority or all its assets to another company, or if we become insolvent, your personal information may be included in the assets that are sold or transferred.
Cookies are small strings of text sent by our website(s) and/or mobile application(s) to your browser and then stored by your browser on your computer’s or phone’s hard drive or memory. A cookie cannot retrieve data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your email address. These cookies allow us to understand how you access and use our website(s), identify repeat visitors, and monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
We may have relationships with third party vendors who may use these cookies to determine whether your IP address is in their database as having opted to receive promotional information from various merchants. If you opted in, you may receive materials about our products, services, promotions or other information. If you are not already part of the third-party vendor’s database, the cookie from our website(s) and/or mobile application(s) will not add you to it nor transfer any of your personal information to the third-party vendor.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16, nor does our website(s) and/or mobile application(s) target children under 16 years of age. By using our website, you represent that you are not less than 16 years of age.
You have the following choices regarding your personal information, which you can exercise by contacting us using the information provided below:
- you can opt out of the use and/or disclosure of your personal information for secondary marketing purposes by us and/or by our business partners;
- you can request access to the personal information that we hold about you and our uses of that information, subject to exceptions recognized within applicable law;
- you can request that we correct any personal information that we hold about you;
- you can withdraw your consent at any time, however, if you do so, we may not be able to offer you certain services, including providing you with access to our resources or materials or connecting you with our staff in order to provide you with additional services.
Miracle-Ear Canada, Ltd.
Attn: Compliance Officer
Toll Free: 1-888-510-0766, Ext. 4047
Mail: 450-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M-4X6
Links to Other Sites
The Miracle-Ear Canada website(s) contains links to other related Internet websites and resources. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Right of Revision